Posted on January 19, 2018 6:08:00 AM
On 15 January, the German government opened applications for the national Junior Professional Officer (JPO) Program, including a position with the CAFI Secretariat in Geneva. Applicants have 4 weeks to finalise their submissions – closure on 16 February, 2018!
The successful applicant will join a growing UNDP REDD+ global team, with management based in Geneva, to support the Central African Forest Initiative (CAFI) Secretariat in its strategic advice to the CAFI Executive Board and its policy advice to partner countries under the supervision of the Head of Secretariat.
The UNDP JPO Programme equips young leaders with the skills and experience required to advance the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and make a positive difference in the world. A pathway into the world of development, the programme offers young professionals excellent exposure to multilateral cooperation and sustainable development while providing a valuable entry point into the UN system.
Sector/Unit: Sustainable Human Development and SDGs
Duty station: Geneva, Switzerland
Duration: 1 year with the possibility of extension for another year
Language requirements: English & French
Closure: Friday, 16 February 2018 (midnight CET)
Please note that for participants of the JPO-Programme two years work experience are mandatory!
· Enhance relationships and communications between the CAFI secretariat and the members of its Executive Board (donors and implementing agencies) to foster the coordination of aid in the region necessary to reduce systemic pressure on forests.
· Provide analysis to enhance strategic and policy advice to Cameroun and the Democratic Republic of the Congo on the development and implementation of their REDD+ Investment plans (forestry and land use related investments).
· Contribute to the implementation of CAFI’s communication and knowledge management strategies.
· Support the Monitoring and evaluation work undertaken by the CAFI Secretariat.
· Contribute to the success of the overall UNDP REDD+ Team
· Master’s Degree in a related field of expertise.
· A minimum of two years of paid working experience in a relevant field; two years of relevant expertise at the international level in the field of environment, climate change and REDD+.
· Experience in working with REDD+ countries including Central African countries.
· Experience in partnership building.
· Excellent communication skills in English and French
· Knowledge of climate change mitigation concepts.
· Knowledge of Green Economy concept and green growth issues.
· Knowledge of climate finance concepts and practices.
· Familiarity with major REDD+ funding initiatives
See full job description and application details here.
The Federal Republic of Germany, signed the CAFI Declaration in 2015, at the advent of the initiative. Funding is provided through The German Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development.
Homepage news article